Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Helping with NAME book svg files

When making word books as svg files
to cut using the sure cuts a lot program
as it only has the one mat, this is how i do it
what you do is design your book and them making sure it
is all in one line with spaces between (well not the first to
pages in most books as they will fit on both mats)
i save it as .svg

Work out what size i want the book to be and then set the default
and import the svg at that size
You will notice that only the first lot of letters are on the mat for cutting
you load your mat and cut this


Then you use your arrow keys on your
computer KEYBOARD and move
the image to the next part of your book
load the cutting mat and cut

Then using the computer KEYBOARD arrows again
you move the image to the next page
load and cut

Then i have my top lettering all together so
using keyboard arrows i move to the top lettering and load and cut

Now ready for decortating and binding
HERE IS THE BABY SVG FILE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Thank you so much for this info. I never would've known to do this. I've said it before and I'll say it again; your lessons are invaluable!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making your patterns available in .svg format. I love visiting your website because it gives me inspiration but I haven't been able to make use of your patterns before because I need them in KNK format. Now I can open up the .svgs and export them into .eps and then import them into KNK. Yippeee! Thanks agin.
Esther

kswjeff said...

I also want to say thanks again for making the svg!!
Karen

Marjorie said...

Thanks, Susan!

Dorothy said...

Thanks You Susan!
I had no idea it could be done this way!!
Dorothy

Beth said...

WOW! What an amazing resource you are! I just purchased SCAL and am going to be learning a lot from you, I think! Your list of lessons goes on for miles! I think this book will be my first project - SO cute!

Thanks for sharing your talents with this mortal! :)

Fondly,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Thank you so uch for your tutorial, how do you get the box and letters together in inkscape?