Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Helping basic lesson 007 Font to narrow but like that font?

Over the past week i have been sharing
cards made with a scrip font or two
and people have been asking me where i got the
scrip font from as all nice scrip fonts around are too
narrow to cut nicely on the scal.
Well YES all the fonts i found that i liked were too narrow too.
SO HERE IS WHAT I DID
LETS BEGIN
Start by opening inkscape and type your word

Click on the T on the top like to bring up dialog box
select the font you want
(in this case i selected Palace script MT semi bold)

Click apply close and your font will be there

Now go PATH object to path

Now EDIT Duplicate

Easiest thing to do is drag and drop a different colour into
the stroke, then remove fill

Now with that new one selected
go PATH dynamic offset

And you will see a little white square appear
on the selected piece
drag that out (it might take a bit of time ) till
you are happy with how far it is out

The PATH object to path
It will turn into node mode

click on top arrow on the top of list on side select the black
solid letter
go EDIT cut

And all that will be left is a word that will cut better in
sure cuts a lot.

P.S. I have a huge list of lessons people want me to
make. Please understand that lessons take time to make and
I still want to make cards a well . I will get to them.

9 comments:

Jen said...

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks Susan!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all you do!

Theresa said...

Thank you so much for all that you do. I am new to SCAL and you have made things soooo very easy!!

Anonymous said...

You are great! I love how well you are able to get across how to manipulate this program. I have learned so much from you! Please continue- you are greatly appreciated! Why do you love that silly robot?

Anonymous said...

Susan,

I have been trying to figure out how to use inkscape and SCAL, and I have found your lessons very informative. I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge and your talent with us. THANKS SO MUCH!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, I can't thank you enough for sharing your incredible talent and knowledge with the rest of us. You are awesome! I have a question I hope you will possibly have time to address...I have been working with your tutorial in using the font I want although it is very narrow. I have followed the steps repeatedly and once I click on the top arrow to the left in the list then click on the solid letter then Edit, cut I get the following error msg: Inkscape encountered an internal error and will close now.
Automatic backups of unsaved documents were done to the following locations:
New document 1.2009_02_17_09_30_30.0

Am I doing something wrong or is this a problem with my Inkscape?

Again, thank you for taking the time to share and guide the rest of us! You are incredible!

TT said...

how in the world do u learn all this stuff. we couldn't get along w/o you. Thanks you tremendously.!!!
Theresa

Anonymous said...

What a great tutorial! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for your tutorials. I am trying to learn Inkscape and your tutorials are so easy to understand for a newbee!

Thanks again!