Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Monday, February 11, 2008

LESSON /TIP Make the most out of font cartridges

I have heard so many times people saying they only have one or two font cartridges. Well this got me thinking last night and thought i would do this quick lesson (might be obvious to some people but might help others)

Any font cartridge you have the fonts can have many looks with just a little playing with the design studio

so here we go
1. choose any font and size you want it
2. make sure you check the weld button

3. find a shape
4. size it to suit the end of the font
5. move into position (make sure you check the weld button)

6. highlight that shape and click copy button
7. Click paste (will paste over the top of that one )
8. Now with the single arrow key move it straight across into place

9. making sure all lettering and shapes are welded

10.click on new mat
11. you will have new mat
12. click preview
13. and you will see your brand new font you made yourself

Here are a few examples

this is just the plain font as it comes on cartridge

Here is it with Triangles on the bottoms

here it is with dots on more than just the bottoms of letters

AND you can use the same idea to put the shapes anywhere on the fonts to make them look very different this one has diamonds

HERE IS ALL THREE ALL THE SAME FONT BUT SPECIAL look to each

20 comments:

Robyn said...

What a wonderful idea!!! Thanks so much!!

Chris said...

omg awesome awesome awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

SUSAN YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the way you come up with these -- oh so logical, why didn't I think of it myself -- ideas. You prove time and time again that the only boundaries in cricutting are the boundaries of your imagination.

Fabulous.
Thanks a bunch.
Carin

Anonymous said...

this is an amazing idea, what about other letters such as B or D?

Anonymous said...

Great Idea. Thanks for sharing and for ALL of your wonderful - helpful tutorials. The time you put into this is greatly appreciated.

Susan

Elizabeth said...

Your amazing!! I have spent hours here. I can't wait to start cutting!! THANKYOU AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

Wow - who would have thunk! Thanks, Donnita

Anonymous said...

Whoda thunk...bedsides you! That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

this is just too cool! Everytime I go back through your archives, I learn something completely different.

Anonymous said...

Susan your tuutorials are wonderful & so helpful.I appreciate you having this for all of us. Your great!

Hugs, Janis

http://scrappergrl.blogspot.com/

Carol Ric said...

You are so brilliant! I love this idea! TFS! I will give it a try.

Anna Waarvik said...

Great idea! Now - why can't I think of things like this? I can't wait to try it.

Michelle said...

This is just what I needed!!!! I love the letters with the dots on them. I assume that could alsoo be done with the Gypsy as well. I may need to give that a try. Thank you so much for the great tip.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow!! What a great idea!! I don't have Design Studio but I have a Gypsy so I know how to do this on there!! Thanks so much for the tip!!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I'm sure I never would have thought of that!

Valerie said...

Great idea!!

LML Creations said...

What a great idea. Love it, can't wait to give it a try.

Amy K said...

Terrific tutorial - tfs!

Karen said...

Great idea. Thanks!