Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Monday, June 30, 2008

HELPING you to CHANGE your clock

The clock was too white!

Take the battery out , remove the plastic covering of the face or the clock
and carefully remove the hands
(only touching the center piece so you don't bend the hands)


No carefully removing the face of the clock
(this is where you can just decorate that face
BUT I am going to use this as template and make
a new one)

Only having a small cricut i had to use my fiskas shape cutter
to cut a new circle for the face .
Using the template lay it on the piece cut and mark where the
center hole is and cut that out

Pick the design you want on your clock
( I did a bluerobot SURPRISED?)
Glue it in place and from the back use a blade and
cut through the center hole removing anything
glued over the hole
(take time to make it neat)

Now stick that back in your clock making sure you have
it the right way up and even with the top of your clock

Because i did not use the original clock face i need
to work out where to put the numbers
so what i did is went around the template with hole punch
and punched the holes out
using the bigger punch where the numbers would be
(NOTE i took away the center of the clock template
so i could photo it for you NOT needed for you )

Now i layed this in the clock and marked all the punched sections
with a felt tip marker
(i also chose to make the bigger punch where
the numbers would be coloured black)

Now it is looking more like a clock but something is missing ??

OH yes i know what is missing numbers and hands

I cut my letters our of gold card and then cut a shadow for them out of black card

Taking your time carefully sticking the pieces in place

Add the clock hands back in place

put battery back in

And set the time

WOW that was not bad had everything cut out before i started the lesson
and it only took me little over the hour to put it together and
photo for lesson
(so for you it will be much quicker you
don't need to make the lesson part ,
all you need to do is work out what you want your clock to look like)

I have changed lots of clocks over the years with rubber stamps
(sadly i did not photo any of them)
But this is the first one that i have altered with the design studio & SCAL
DON'T think it will be the last.

12 comments:

KimberlyO said...

How clever!! I'll have to find a plain clock to "makeover"... :)

kisatrtle said...

Susan, This turned out great. I have done this many times too, but just looking at yours makes me want to do another. I made clocks for my kids rooms that match their decorations. For example, my son has a border in his room with construction vehicles on it and I used a piece of the border to cover the clock. I'll see if I can take a picture of it sometime.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

That clock looks MUCH better!! Great job, Susan!

Elizabeth said...

WOW!! I stumbled in because you posted a link on a group I am on, WOW!! Your BLOG ROCKS! I love all the cricut patterns!! Thankyou!

Cari Dunn said...

I love it! I have a clock that I've been meaning to do that to but haven't gotten to it yet.

Brenda said...

You Rock!!!!

Adeline E. Brill said...

Love it!!! Now if I could get an
M & M character is SCAL - I could make mine to match my collection!

Adeline B - Tampa, FL USA

Dana said...

Super cool!!!

StampinCathy said...

This is totally awesome. You are just to creative and this is so inspiring. I will be putting this on my list to do. Great idea for Christmas.

Ritobear said...

That's cool! I've altered clocks by doing a machine embroidered clock design, but I haven't done any out of paper yet.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm thinking of several ideas that my boys would love. Thanks for sharing how to alter the clock! : )

Linda

Edee said...

wonderful job yet again. Keep up the great work! We love copying off of you!!