Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Monday, October 06, 2008

HELP INKSCAPE basic draw lesson 003

Simple circle scallops
This one is soo easy they can be made in minutes
LETS BEGIN
start by placing a star on you page
you can pick how many corners you want this will
determine how many scallops around you get
(in this case i picked 18)

Now go to PATH and LINKED OFFSET

A little box will appear on your star
all you do is drag that box out till it looks like the scallops you
want

And go PATH and OBJECT TO PATH

Select the original stat and delete it

You now have a scallop save as svg and import into scal

EXTRA TIPS the ones below i made the star then PATH and objected to path and used the nodes on some of the points and moved them outwards (or even shaped into an oval) and then did the PATH and LINKED OFFSET
Then take away the star and you have some
crazy scallops
OK some i don't know what you would use them
for but it gives you an idea to play on the lesson
and come up with your own idea

4 comments:

Diane Mason said...

Susan - Wow! You continue to amaze me with your knowledge and talents when it comes to SCAL, Inkscape, DSS, Cricut, etc. I have learned so much from you. Thank you for sharing your talents with us all.

DiCutter

Just for Sharin' said...

You've done it again! Thanks for another great tutorial.

Linda
Just for Sharing

Kathleen said...

Thanks for leaving your lovely comment on my blog - and I'm so glad you did as I have now found your blog and all the great tips on using Inkscape.
I've got a Craft Robo and I believe I can use I?Scape with that.
I'll be posting a link to this tutorial and recommending your blog to the cardmaking members over on the docrafts forum.
I shall be popping back to see what you've been up to too!!
Kathleen

Leanne said...

thank you so much for this - you really create fab things!!
Leanne
xx