Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Crazy! but made a ROBOT

Join me today to see just how crazy I can be.
I posted to my blog yesterday a pile of funfoam I was cutting out 
had not finished even the cutting out when I posted that . There was 
just under 100 pieces cut of all shapes and colours
My adventure started when Neal was on Hack a Day blog
and found the link to Boxmaker blog which had the inkscape 
extension. Soon as i seen it I thought oh I know what I want to make.
After working out how it all works I then sat on Sunday night and
inkscaped and worked out what I needed to cut 
(including trying to work out how to have the joints for the 
boxes to join together )
YESTERDAY I woke and started cutiing what I had made so 
far. (I did have to recut and make things along the way as you will see)
While waiting for Neal to go buy me more fun foam I started to sort
what i had cut already.
First thing I hated and knew it needed to be redesigned and 
recut before going any further was the legs  way to small
for the rest of the pieces
Then time to see if the idea of the joining parts would 
work (yeah they did)
Legs now twice as long and happy now
starting from feet up  and two legs  look good with base
Now for the body, one good thing is no glue so you 
can pull apart and put back together as you go
if things need tweaking BUT one bad thing is sometimes
it would fall apart while making too . 
Body went on

Put arms on BUT NOT HAPPY with them they are too 
big YUKKY
Put that aside and made up the head . None of the glues 
would stick the funfoam eyes nose and mouth on.
Think what now  ?
Oh I know I pulled apart and used little brads
Worked really good
So I gave him gear ears as well
Nearly done BUT hated the arms still
Pull the front panel off and add the gears in the 
there as well 
Now that is better
But hate those arms
Amputated the arms
Recut some more  OH much better
Good thing  I am happy with his arms now
By the way incase you are wondering he is 
12 inches tall 


Please let me known what you think. Enjoy 
 
 
I am off to  explore some more.
 If you live in Australia and New Zealand 
and wondering where you can get a KNK Zing 
SKAT KAT  is the place to find them

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the kids would say ... awesomesauce!

ciloma said...

This looks like it was so much fun!!

TRACEY FARR said...

Awesome job! fantastic as always!

Fields Family said...

Susan, this is amazing! You have done a wonderful job! Just wow!

Carolyn said...

Looks great. I love how you used all the gears and the brads are perfect.

79Luv2scrap said...

you are simply amazing, how cool is that!

Helene said...

He's so cute! Love the gears!

Sherry Fralic said...

I just love the robot. Great job on getting it all to work out so perfectly. Now the robot is "geared" up for a good time!

Luv2CUSmile said...

This is really cool! I like the idea of making interchangeable pieces here and letting kids do the fun of making their own designed robots... I am going to add this to my list of things I would like to do. Maybe even make enough to send to school for an activity for classroom. Thx Susan
Luv

Luv2CUSmile said...

This turned out great. I love the idea of making many for interchangeable parts the kids can make up their own. I am adding to my list of things to do. Thx Susan
Luv