Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

A weeks adventure with the Zing (week 16)

Sitting down to write week 16's adventure story. I sit here wondering what i have been  up too. (besides all the pop lock robots i made  (shown during the week)). (and still not being  well with Whooping cough)
Well I spent a lot of the time watching videos  of how too's about the make the cut software. having working with inkscape for over 7 years  I never really  thought about learning mtc I thought I could do it all in inkscape and save as svg's .
But after watching I have learnt that they both work really well together and it was a good thing
that I am learning mtc now. I found that I had lots to watch and each one I have  watched has giving me a little more insight to it. One other thing I did do after last weeks  catchup is I relized that I had a book with  cd of patterns that the same person who made the  robot paterns i have been playing with over the past  few weeks. So i got it out and tweaked one of the patterns to be a cut file as well. Below is the result. I used the pen adapter and embossing adapter (to score) and then cut. Adding a bit of colour here and there  to give a special look.
Now even though it was not as easy as getting the pattern putting in MTC  and cutting on the Zing.  I did have to take it into  inkscape and tweak it to work with MTC .
BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT
Here is my take on Josh's robot
 

The time spent setting it all up in inkscape was 
well worth the effort  coming up with three files
a draw file, score file and then cut file made 
my life soo much easier when it came to putting 
the model together .





TIP
Don't be scared to patterns to cut on your Zing as it is well worth 
the time spent tweaking it will open up a whole new
world for your Zinging
The ZING is here to stay!!
I am off to COUGH explore some more.
 If you live in Australia and New Zealand 
and wondering where you can get a KNK Zing 
SKAT KAT  is the place to find them

2 comments:

Soraya said...

I love your work! you make really wonderful things!

cal8007 said...

You are amazing! I guess we can't ever stop learning new things and be surprised by it all :)

Thanks for sharing Susan!

Hugs,

Carmen L