Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Saturday, November 29, 2008

How to make Fabric LEFTOVER stickers

Yesterday I cut out a jacket to make for me
to wear to the Christmas outings. And as i had lots
of scraps left over i did not want to waste them
so I am turning them into stickers for cards
LETS BEGIN
There is always scraps left over when cutting out
for sewing projects

What you do is grab some thick double sided tape.
(in this case i could only find 2" )

Turn fabric over and put tape to cover the whole picture
if the tape is too narrow then over lap it slightly
Then turn it over and cut around the image
(this is where the tape will protect it from
fraying and make it much easier to cut out too )

Then you have yourself some wonderful quick and easy sticker
to add to your cards or projects

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Heat and Bond to do the same thing.I apply to the entire piece of fabric, cut out what I want, then iron the image onto what ever I want to embellish. Your idea is great, less waste.

Jen said...

Love having options incase I can't find heat n' bond. Nice to know that double sided tape works too :o)

Love how you're always thinkin' Susan! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing. I will have to try this.

Linda

Anonymous said...

You could also use Jav paper, Susan! Great idea, thanks for sharing!
LindaF
South Australia

Melissa said...

that white square in pic 3 is the 2 inch double sided tape? what a great way to use felt!!

thanks!

Melissa said...

Pic 2 shows double sided tape? Is that the same as in pic 3? Its a great way to use images for scrapbooks! I never thought of this.

Anonymous said...

A fantastic idea!! I just might go shopping for fabric for just this purpose :) Thanks!

Becka From Canada

Linda said...

I just noticed I made a spelling mistake on my comment! LOL
I meant JAC paper would work well, cut to size of image.
Linda

TT said...

I NEVER thought of this. Thanks Susan. and all for your suggestions. Theresa

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for using scaps of really cute fabric. Had no idea double sided tape came in wide sizes. TFS.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea, I'm working now but will try it when I get hom
Linda from Alabama