Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ZINGING the 3D Robots

This week (week 15) was spent playing
with the pen adapter , scoring (embossing) and 
then cut . While surfing the net I came 
across this cute robot at paper poseables
And I knew straight away  that I wanted to make it !
The cool thing is, is that it is jointed at 6 points 
and you can pose it any way you like.
Now even though it was not as easy as getting the pattern
putting in MTC  and cutting on the Zing.
 I did have to take it into 
inkscape and tweak it to work with MTC .
BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT
Here is my take on Josh's robot
While in inkscape I decided that I did not want to 
make it print and cut file for MTC. That I wanted to 
use the pen adapter and after use copics to colour 
just the parts i wanted in my own colours.
The time spent setting it all up in inkscape was 
well worth the effort  coming up with three files
a draw file, score file and then cut file made 
my life soo much easier when it came to putting 
the model together .
I cut it on dotty scrapbook card stock and it gave 
another effect to the colouring
I was happy with how it turned out .
That I did not stop at just cutting one  as the one above
was cut at original size of Josh's pattern
I then wanted to make it bigger using the same tweaked
version I made a BIGGER one  and cut it in white 
lightweight card stock.
The joints give the robot real personality.
I can see that the idea of doing the joints this way 
will later end up going in a lot of my own patterns.
TIP remember to change the view when you change 
to the cut tool  (and not have the emossing view still on)
One thing I want to say this week is that don't be scared 
to tweak patterns to cut on your Zing as it is well worth 
the time spent tweaking it will open up a whole new
world for your Zinging
I have come to the conclusion that i may rarely do
any hand scoring on my work again as the zing on 
full force and 3x, does a fantastic job of it .

Here are the Tall and short Robots 


  P.S. Paper Poseables have lots of other great 
things that i plan on making too
 
The ZING is here to stay!!
I am off to explore some more.
 If you live in Australia and New Zealand 
and wondering where you can get a KNK Zing 
SKAT KAT  is the place to find them

No comments: