Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Friday, November 19, 2010

PART Seven "This house is not Haunted"

Today I made a tree for the inside of the house
(even though the windows are small
it still needed this inside )
I made the tree using snowflakes
from the "when it is cold out side" cartridge

Cut the flakes going down by 1/8" each time
biggest being 2 5/8"

Then using padded tape i layered the snowflakes

Offsetting them each time

kept layering till they were all on

But then decided that it was to short

So I cut 4 more of the big flake and added them to
the bottom of the tree

Now it was taking shape

Cut a star for the top Using 3 of these folded in
half I glued the to form a 3D star

Added cotton wool for the tinsel

I then cut a box from the box cartridge

Made the box and added it to the bottom of the
tree

Then with my hands i shaped the flakes (branches )
downwards to give the tree shape

To check out
Parts One HERE
and
Part Two HERE
and
Part Three HERE
and
Part Four HERE
and
Part Five HERE
and
Part Six HERE

2 comments:

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

This is SO cool!! 3-D and lifelike! Especially after you added the box at the bottom and shaped the branches! I am completely amazed and thoroughly enchanted by this project!

Jen said...

LOVE the tree Susan!
Thank you for sharing.